LixCap is seeking a Business Development Manager to support its rapid growth in the international development space. This position will support the US-based Head of Business Development to identify new opportunities among public, private and non-profit sources of revenue (contracts, grants, etc.), assist with client outreach, and support the development of opportunity deliverables.
- Supporting the development of proposals, grant submissions, and other tender response materials, including writing, research, and process management
- Identifying US and international partners for future opportunities
- Arranging/Attending client meetings and calls in the Washington, DC area and other domestic or international locations (in-person meetings TBD post-COVID)
- Conducting client outreach and following up with materials when needed
- Project reconnaissance, including research, outreach to potential partners, and travel to exotic locations
- Recruiting for specific opportunities
- As an entrepreneurial and flexible organization, LixCap values staff members that are interested in personal development. Opportunities are available to develop technical and managerial competencies, including on implementation for specific projects. LixCap’s US team operates on a remote office basis but regular in-person meetings will be held with team members and clients.
- Minimum 18-24 months working in international development with major donors, preferably U.S. government entities (USAID, USDA, USTDA, etc.)
- Located in the Washington, DC/Baltimore area with ability to attend in-person meetings (pending COVID environment)
- Willingness and availability to travel internationally (pending COVID environment)
- Professional characteristics: Team-oriented, comfort with remote work, professional flexibility
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, economics, finance, or a related field
- Ability to read in the French language at an advanced level; preferred French at level 3 or higher
- Experience in related professional areas in international development, such as business intelligence, business development, partner identification, and opportunity identification
- Technical skill and experience in one or more of the following areas: Economic growth, access to finance, capital raising, commercial lending, corporate finance or similar skill
- Master’s degree in international relations, business administration, economics, finance, or a related field
- Personal characteristics: Intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial interests, willingness to learn, ambition to take on positions of increasing responsibility
This is a mid-level, full-time staff position. The position will be remote.
If you are interested, please send your CV and letter of interest to email@example.com to apply.
Deadline to apply: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 11:59 EDT
To apply, please send your CV firstname.lastname@example.org